Seeking damages may support your personal injury recovery

On Behalf of | Jan 11, 2018 | Personal Injury |

Many Kentucky residents take pride in what they are able to accomplish for themselves and for their families. They may work hard to earn the income that their loved ones rely on to put food on the table and a roof over their heads. When challenges arise and individuals are not able to perform their jobs and secure the pay their families need to get by, it can be difficult for individuals to know how to proceed.

When a person is kept out of work due to a personal injury at the hands of another person, they have legal options. Whether their harm was caused by a property-based accident, vehicle collision or other instance where another party’s negligence resulted in the victim suffering harm, there are negligence and injury-based claims under Kentucky law that victims can use to recover damages.

Damages are financial support that victims of negligence-based incidents are entitled to seek through civil litigation. Under the law, a victim should not be held responsible for paying injuries and losses that they did not cause to happen and lawsuits in the civil courts can allow them to recover the costs of their medical bills, lost wages and other incident-related expenses that have drained their financial resources.

In an ideal world, no Danville resident would suffer harm due to another party’s actions. This lofty ideal may never come into fruition as people will continue to make poor choices and act negligently around others. When accidents happen, the attorneys of Sheehan, Barnett, Dean, Pennington, Dexter & Tucker, P.S.C. are ready to provide legal counseling and support for those who wish to recover their damages.

Disclaimer: The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from Sheehan, Barnett, Dean, Pennington, Dexter & Tucker, P.S.C. or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this Post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.