Protecting Your Rights After A Car Wreck
It only takes a second or two for an accident to happen. In that instant, however, everything can change. Serious injuries, vehicle damage and other effects can suddenly make life very difficult. If you have found yourself in this difficult situation, we are here to help.
At Sheehan, Barnett, Dean, Pennington, Dexter & Tucker, P.S.C., in Danville, we believe in helping our neighbors and friends in Boyle County and the nearby areas of Kentucky through their most difficult times. With more than 100 years of experience, we can help you seek the compensation you deserve after a serious crash.
After An Accident, Turn To Your Neighbors For Help
Serious injuries make everything in life more difficult. If you are looking for help after a crash, know that you don’t have to go far.
Our attorneys have extensive experience protecting the rights of injured individuals. We are passionate about protecting our neighbors after all types of car accidents, including, but not limited to:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Claims involving uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Seven Things To Do After A Car Wreck
Car accidents happen all the time. It’s important to be prepared. Following these steps can help ensure you and others stay safe after a crash.
- Stay at the scene of the accident. Check to make sure others involved are OK, but do not apologize. Doing so could be considered admitting fault.
- Call for help if someone is hurt. After you’ve called for medical help, call the police.
- Collect contact information. Write down the names, phone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers and insurance information from others involved in the crash. It is also helpful to collect contact information from bystanders who witnessed the crash.
- Take photos of the damage. Photos can help support a claim later on.
- See a doctor. Even if you’re not sure you are injured, it is wise to seek medical attention after an accident. Injuries can take time to develop. Having a strong history of medical visits can help bolster a personal injury case should you choose to pursue one.
- Don’t take an early offer from the insurance company. Because injuries can take time to become apparent, it’s best to wait before accepting a settlement.
- Call a lawyer. Having a personal injury attorney on your side can help ensure that your rights are protected and your best interests are served.
If You Are Ready To Call, We Will Be Ready To Help
We are ready to help you seek the compensation you need after being injured in an accident. To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, please call us at 859-965-1072 or send us an email.